Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Seeing, sneezing & snowing.

I broke my glasses last Wednesday. The metal piece that held the right arm of my glasses on simply broke off..leaving me with a pair of broke-ass, old-ass, cheap-ass, scratched-up-ass glasses (-ass). This could not have come at worse time, being that I am without health insurance. When I got my glasses two years ago, it was rather inexpensive, since my insurance at the time actually included optometrist visits, and even gave me an allowance on the glasses themselves--both frames & lenses. However, despite knowing that I would have to pay full price for everything, I cannot live without my glasses. I went to the optometrist the next day ...because walking into walls and being illiterate isn't fun.

The visit cost me $70. I probably needed to go anyway, as my prescription needed to be increased & my old lenses were horribly scratched. After writing a check that is the equivalent of me working ten hours, Jeremy & I went to Lens Crafters to find a new pair of frames.

That's when I found these sexythangs:



Ohyes. I will gladly trade in my old, cheap Esprit classes for a pair of sexy, clear & black (with glittery stones on the side!) Versace's. It is just too bad that they were $244. Lens Crafters gave me a 30% discount for being a AAA member on both the frames & lenses, so I saved $136. Yay to that. Seriously, though. My glasses are amazing. They're clear with stripes of tiny black dots running through them. Just look at them. It is pure geekyglassessex. Yum. You are jealous.

The best part is being able to say, "I HAVE VERSACE GLASSES" with a Showgirls accent...you know.. "VER-SASE". Fuck yeah. Thank you, Elizabeth Berkley.

(I never thought I would say that...)

I am sick. Quite sick. I have eaten nearly two bags of cough drops (pictured below), had too much Nyquil (pictured below) & have rubbed my nose raw on tissues (pictured below). Thank Target that I bought a new gigantic purse (guess what? pictured below) that can fit all of my school books, typical purse necessities, and an entire box of Puffs inside of it.



The bag is huge. It is nearly two feet wide & over a foot deep. I just wish it came with a longer handle...but I love it for its hugeness & ugliness anyway.

Also, as you can see, there are snowflakes in this collage. That is because it snowed THREE INCHES on Sunday. A bit of the snow has melted, but everything is still covered in a cold sheen of white glitter. We're supposed to have more snow tonight and flurries off & on tomorrow.

Now, I must go, before I pass out in a Nyquil-induced stupor. xo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home