Sunday, January 14, 2007

As my paycheck dwindles...

Yay, loan refund check & payday! Naturally, I have nearly blown my entire paycheck in two days, because I finally have the money to cover my bills for the remainder of the semester. Yesterday, I was finally able to get three shirts out of layaway at work that have been there since December 1st. They are lovely & amazing.





I've always wanted a rad little thermal shirt to wear in a layered ensemble, & the heart pattern absolutely sold me. The other two are part of the nautical-inspired Rivera collection that I positively had to have. In fact, the day that they arrived, I grabbed them and put them on layaway. I simply could not resist polka dots & navy blue with kelly green. Normally, I'm not the most boisterous fan of kelly green, but paired with navy, it's quite delightful.

Today, due to the 50% off clearance sale, I went a bit crazy with my shopping. Though I purchased a dress that originally sold for $74, perfume that was originally $19, a tank that had been $23, & more, I spent a mere $28.



Of course, my employee discount helped a bit, too. I plan on sending my mom the perfume, which is Demeter's Sweet Delights in Sugar Cookie. That's right. I got a bottle of Demeter for $3.98. Woo! As for the dress, I really don't have anywhere to wear it to..but it was just so pretty & inexpensive. I paid $16 for a $74 dress. It makes me look like a disco queen. Abba, anyone?

I also bought some hair barrettes that were not on sale. I wear either a headband or plastic barrette in my hair to work every day. I think it makes up for the perpetual bedhead look, no?

So, now that I have purchased almost half a paycheck on clothing, there are still quite a few other things that I've had on my wish list for quite some time, others that have been added rather recently:



1 . Tokidoki Bastardino: This figurine has been at my favourite local music store, Shake It!, for probably over a year now. Before the craze for the Tokidoki for Le Sport Sac bags, or the new Tokidoki Smashbox makeup, I saw this little guy sitting on a shelf among the other little imported Japanese-inspired toys. Normally, I do not like dogs, anything that resembles a dog, or IS a dog. However, I do appreciate dog/cactus hybrids...and with a name like Bastardino, who couldn't love it?

2. Nintendo DS Lite in Coral Pink: I kidnap my boyfriend's DS Lite on a regular basis. I am hopelessly addicted to Animal Crossing: Wild World. I haven't really been interested in any gaming system, portable or otherwise, since getting a Sega Genesis when I was nine. That was far more than a decade ago. However, being that I enjoy his regular ol' white DS so intensely, I have been itching to get my hands on one of the coral pink ones. I'm girly. I like pink. I like cute games. I do not feel bad about this. I want this wonderful little time waster.

3. Anchor Necklace from Tealaced.com: Ainslie has done it again--she has created a website of sugar, spice, lace, tea & equally scrumptious accessories & clothing. Everything she touches turns to sugar cubes. This particular necklace attracted my attention immediately. I already own one anchor necklace, a silver one from Forever 21. However, this necklace with its big, chunky red anchor, gem & seahorse detail is delish. Ainslie is the goddess of craft: jewelry, web design & otherwise.

4. Cupcake Cult Earrings: Ok, I work at Torrid. Torrid is unfortunately owned by Mall Rat Poseur central, Hot Topic. I am not happy about this (but, hell, it pays the bills). However, I ventured to the store in December to buy a Christmas gift for my younger brother. While squeezing though the loud and obnoxious labyrinth of gothed-out 14 year olds, mommies, and curious bystanders, I actually found something in the store that I adore--these earrings with tiny clay ice cream cones & cupcakes. Aww. I've wanted the iHotto cupcake earrings from Fredflare.com for ages now, but they are quite out of my price range. These will do just fine.

5. Hello Kitty Waffle Iron - I am one of the many eternally childish Sanrio geeks in the world with a Hello Kitty-themed kitchen. Last Christmas, I bought the Hello Kitty toaster. Serendipitously, with no knowledge of my present to myself, my grandmother bought my the Hello Kitty sandwich maker. A few weeks ago, I bought the Hello Kitty coffee maker on clearance for $14 at Target. Now all that I need is the Hello Kitty waffle iron. It isn't for necessity. I don't even have the counter space for it. I just feel capitalistically incomplete without the entire set. Really. Send me emails of shame & colourful fun make happy delight to pinkrefrigerator@hellokitty.com.

6. "Two Snails Copulating" Note cards - I love snails. I have an ever-growing collection of snail figurines (brass, ceramic, wood, plush, etc) scattered throughout my living room. I am fascinated by this arthropod that lives as a gypsy--carrying its home on its back. These note cards are stunning--they have an anatomical drawing of, as the description reads, "two snails copulating". It is definitely something that I would proudly frame & hang in my living room. Plus, its from Etsy.com, meaning that a single person actually sat down & took the time to make them. I love it. Snailsex. So funny, so clever.

That is all for now. I am off to read one of my numerous books for school, pass out, and dream of dancing cactus dogs & mouthless kittens with bows on their heads. xoxo.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kelly green, navy, & I go waaaay back.

I bet you look teh stunning in all of the above. :)

3:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm sending you a snaily lil' something tomorrow (hopefully you don't already have anything exactly like it).

- holly

10:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome. I love this new blog. I am glad you're doing it. You have inspired me to also do it. I even made a collage!

http://eluted.blogspot.com

2:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Samuel Huntington's Clash of Civilizations, wherein the Judeo-Christian West vs. The lead character of Dumm's strip was a male, whereas Messick's lead character was female. Born in the village of Kafr Tahla outside of Cairo, El Saadawi received female genital mutilation (FGM) when she was six years old. As of now, I can only speculate that there are more good than bad to go on-line for the newspaper publishers in Malaysia as apparently there has been no case where a newspaper publisher has gone bust. Finer threads usually result in a much smoother and softer fabric.

Here is my weblog: egyptian newspapers

2:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hostas come in a wide variety of colors, shapes and sizes
and can be found in almost every home landscape. And your shoes will not be tracking
soil into the house. The less competition, the better off your plants will be.


my blog mulching

10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home